Everyone who plays DFS knows how to stack. We look for these perfect matchups to stack, high game totals, fast paced offenses with a good play maker to bring back. Trying to balance ownership is also something that can factor in. Here are my top 5 stacks for week 1.
- Philadelphia at Atlanta – This game should be an interesting possible shootout. Atlanta did just trade away Julio Jones but there are no shortage of weapons here on either side. This game has a 48 total and two new coaching staffs so maybe we don’t know fully what to expect.
Matt Ryan – Calvin Ridley, Kyle Pitts, Hayden Hurst, Russell Gage, Mike Davis. I think any mixture of this group could be an elite choice. Davis is going to catch a ton of passes this season so he can work with Ryan in my opinion.
Jalen Hurts – Devonta Smith, Jalen Reagor, Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, and maybe even Miles Sanders, the Falcons have been notoriously bad stopping pass catching backs.
2. San Franciso at Detroit – This will be a mostly one sided affair I believe but Jimmy Garoppolo needs to ball out to keep Trey Lance on the bench in week 1. San Francisco has a 26.75 total with a 46 O/U. They should have no issues beating this rebuilding Detroit franchise. Jimmy G has a large amount of weapons to spread the ball around to.
Jimmy G – Deebo Samuel, George Kittle and Brandon Aiyuk are all plus moves here. I think sometimes correlating tight end is a very plus move so using one of the WRs and Kittle is the move I would make.
I really don’t like any options for a stack from Detroit but if you wanted to play the two SF WRs then using T.J. Hockenson as the bring back I think could be a good move. If you wanted to be really different you could bring it back with D’Andre Swift. I do think one piece that will not be owned is Breshad Perriman, he could be a very cheap bring back also.
3. Minnesota at Cincinnati – This one actually really excites me. Both of these offenses should be capable of scoring major points. The total is only 48 but I could see this game being the highest scoring of the week. I don’t expect much defense either so loading up here is really easy.
Kirk Cousins – Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, Irv Smith, or you could even use Dalvin Cook with Cousins as he does catch a few passes out of the backfield or use Cook as the bring back from Minnesota.
Joe Burrow – Tee Higgins, Tyler Boyd, or new weapon Ja’Maar Chase. Lets not forget that C.J. Uzomah was having a nice start to the season before he was derailed also.
4. Arizona at Tennessee – New weapon Julio Jones boosts this a bit for me. I was already high on this game but if the Titans decide to throw just a bit more then we are in for a show. Another year for Kyler Murray with DeAndre Hopkins could be special also as last offseason was not very normal.
Ryan Tannehill – AJ Brown, Julio Jones, Josh Reynolds, Anthony Firkser all are good options. You could bring this back with Hopkins pretty easily and take real advantage of the PPR scoring.
Kyler Murray – DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green, Rondale Moore all feel pretty fun to use and bringing it back with any of the WRs from Tennessee works or to be a bit different you could bring it back with Derrick Henry.
5. Jacksonville at Houston – This one might be a little strange to some of you and it does not have a very high team total for either team. In my mind this Jacksonville offense could really be in line to take off and I want to be ahead of the curve. Trevor Lawrence is one of the most touted prospects in a long time and he has weapons around him that could lead to a really solid output. Houston is a trash fest but they do have a few small pieces that could be used as a bring back.
Trevor Lawrence – DJ Chark, Laviska Shenault, Marvin Jones Jr, and both RBs, James Robinson and Travis Etienne. This offense just feels fun to me. I would bring Brandin Cooks as the lone option from Houston as a bring back. Maybe if you wanted to take a deep deep shot at Houston a guy like Nico Collins could be at the minimum.